10 Tips on How to Keep a Regular Sleep Schedule
1. Set an alarm for the same time every day!
Waking up and starting your day at an appropriate hour can predict how productive you will be.
2. Avoid taking naps during the day!
Sleeping at odd hours can disrupt your sleep patterns and throw your body off schedule.
3. Avoid caffeine and sugar in the evening hours!
Eating and drinking things that are high in these substances can keep you awake for several hours and prevent you from falling asleep at your normal time.
4. Exercise regularly, but not right before bedtime!
Exercising during the day can help increase sleep duration and put you into a deeper REM cycle.
5. Go to bed at the same time every night!
Eventually, your body will naturally get tired at the same time each day, allowing you to fall asleep faster.
6. Make sure you get 8-10 hours of sleep a night!
The more sleep you get, the better your body will function throughout the day and the more energy you will have to focus on the things you need to do.
7. Stop using electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bed!
Playing on your phone, tablet, laptop, or TV makes it harder to fall asleep once you are ready.
8. Take 15 minutes of quiet time and relaxation before bed to help you fall asleep!
This will ease your mind and allow your body to go into a sleep that is not restless.
9. Turn your phone on Do Not Disturb right before bed so your sleep is not interrupted!
If you are hearing your phone’s ringtone while in bed, it can delay when you get to sleep and wake you up in the middle of the night.
10. Consider using a sleep mask or sound machine to help get you to sleep and stay asleep!
The two biggest distractions while you’re trying to sleep can be light and noise, and these devices can help block those out.