HEALTH & PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
In light of increased student enrollment, Achievement House Cyber Charter School, headquartered in Exton, PA (grades 7 through 12) is seeking to hire a second Health & Physical Education Teacher. This position is a full-time, salaried, ten-month position.
Teaching responsibilities will include:
- Designing PA standards-aligned Physical Education & Health lessons and assessments for use in the Cyber environment.
- Teaching and recording live lessons using an online classroom.
- Grading lesson submissions according to AHCCS protocol and maintaining records in an online grade book.
- Communicating course expectations, class times, and upcoming events to students and parents using the school’s messaging system, e-mail, and course announcements.
- While student enrollment grows, this position will also provide educational assistance to other faculty and departments as assigned.
We are looking for a teacher who brings passion every day to teach students to make informed decisions regarding health, safety and physical education that will assist them both now and in the future. Instruction takes place through live on-line virtual classrooms, one-on-one help sessions, as well planned lessons that allows students to participate and complete at the their own pace. Qualified candidates must believe that all students have the ability to learn, contain a skill set to help every student be a successful learner, and be committed to continuous learning. They should also be able to create fun and stimulating class projects.
A PA teaching certification in Health & Physical Education is required. Additional certifications are a plus. CPR/First Aid certification also a plus. A strong background in technology is helpful. Prior experience in a cyber setting is a plus, but not required. FBI and background clearances required.
Applicants should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.